Dr. Wonyong Jang
Multiphase Flow and Multi-species Transport in Subsurface Systems
- Multiphase flow (Water, gas, and non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL)) in the unsaturated and saturated zones.
- Multi-species transport: Toxic organic chemicals, nutrients, and microorganisms.
- Reactions: Physical, chemical, and biological processes in subsurface environments.
- - Flow and transport of CO2 in deep geological formations.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) geological sequestration for the mitigation of anthropogenic climate change
- Groundwater pollution by CO2 and companion contaminants due to the leakage of CO2 injected into deep geological formations.
- - Groundwater flow and contaminant transport.
Water Resources and Subsurface Hydrogeology
- Optimization of groundwater use and minimization of groundwater pollution.
- Integrated analysis of surface and subsurface water.
- - In-situ air sparging, soil vapor extraction, bioventing, and thermal-enhanced venting.
Remediation Technology for Contaminated Soil and Groundwater
- Monitored natural attenuation and bioremediation.
W. Jang Homepage