Back to Hatchville, Massachusetts page
- ABB Env. Serv., Inc., Draft Interim Remedial Investigation Report, Main Base Landfill
(LF-1 Study Area) March 1992.
- ABB Env. Serv., Inc., Task 2-5C Remedial Investigation Field Sampling and Analysis Plan,
Priority One Areas of Contamination, 1993.
- _____, Final Technical Memorandum, Monitoring Well MW-1206Z Groundwater EDB
Investigation, Massachusetts Military Reservation, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Prepared for:
Hazardous Waste Remedial Actions Program, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, September 1995.
- _____, Ashumet Valley Groundwater Operable Unit Remedial Investigation Report,
Installation Restoration Program, Massachusetts Military Reservation, Prepared for:
Hazardous Waste Remedial Actions Program, 1995.
- _____, Final Memorandum Ethylene Dibromide Phase II Groundwater Investigation,
Massachusetts Military Reservation, Prepared for: AFCEE/MMR, Installation Restoration
Program, DSN: 557-4670, COMM: 508-968-4670, December 1996.
- _____, Supplemental Flow Modeling and Particle Tracking To Include the CWSW and EDB
Plume in the Area of Coonamessett Pond, Technical Memorandum, Massachusetts Military
Reservation, Prepared for: AFCEE/MMR, Installation Restoration Program, DSN: 557-4670,
COMM: 508-968-4670, January 1997.
- Advanced Sciences, Inc., "Remedial Investigation/Feasibility FS-12 Study
- Aral, M.M., "Groundwater modeling in multilayer aquifer, steady flow (SLAM),"
Lewis Publishers, Chelsea, Michigan, 1989.
- Aral, M. M. and Maslia, M. L., "Multipathway Environmental Exposure Assessment
Using "ACTS" and "SAINTS" Software," Multimedia Environmental
Simulations Laboratory, Report No. MESL-05-98, 102p., 1998.
- .Barlow, P. M. and Hess, K. M., "Simulated Hydrologic Responses of the Quashnet
River Stream-Aquifer System to Proposed Groundwater Withdrawals," USGS Water
Resources Investigation Report 93-4064, 52 p., 1993.
- .Call, F., "Soil Fumigation, IV.-Sorption of Ethylene Dibromide on Soils at Field
Capacity," Journal of Science and Food Agriculture, V. 8, p. 137-142, 1957a.
- ._____, "Soil Fumigation. V.-Diffusion of Ethylene Dibromide Through Soils,"
Journal of Science and Food Agriculture, V. 8, p. 143-150, 1957b.
- ._____, "The Mechanism of Sorption of Ethylene Dibromide on Moist Soils,"
Journal of Science and Food Agriculture, V. 8, p. 630-639, 1957c.
- .Chiou, C. T., Peters, L. J. and Freed, V. H., "A Physical Concept of Soil-Water
Equilibria for Nonionic Organic Compounds," Science, V. 206, No. 4420, p. 831-832,
- .Chiou, C. T., Kile, D. E. and Malcolm, R. L., "Sorption of Vapors of some Organic
Liquids on Humic Acid and Its Relation to Partitioning of Organic Compounds in Soil
Organic Matter," Environmental Science and Technology, V. 22, No. 3, p. 298-303,
- .CDM Federal Programs Corporation, Final Technical Memorandum AOC CS-4 Hydraulic
Performance Evaluation, Massachusetts Military Reservation, Prepared for: AFCEE/MMR,
Installation Restoration Program, DSN: 557-4670, COMM: 508-968-4670, March 1997.
- .Domenico, P. A. and Schwartz, T. W., "Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology,"
New York, John Wiley and Sons, 824 p., 1990.
- .Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc., (ESRI), ArcView GIS: Redlands,
California, 350 p., 1996.
- .Farmer, W. J., Yang, M. S., Letey, J. and Spencer, W. F., "Hexachloro Benzene: Its
Vapor Pressure and Vapor Phase Diffusion in Soil," Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. Vol. 44,
- .Goring, C. A., "Theory and Principles of Soil Fumigation," in Metcalf, R. L.,
ed., Advances in Pest Control Research, Vol. V, New York, John Wiley and Sons, p. 47-84,
- .Goring, C. A. and Youngson, C. R., "Factors Influencing Nematode Control by
Ethylene Dibromide in Soil," Soil Science, V. 83, No. 5, p. 377-389, 1957.
- .Guswa, J. H., and LeBlanc, D. R., "Digital Flow Models of Groundwater Flow in the
Cape Cod Aquifer System, Massachusetts," USGS Water Supply Paper 2209, 112 p., 1985.
- .Hemwall, J. B., "A Mathematical Theory of Soil Fumigation," Soil Science, V.
88, No. 3, pp. 184-190, 1959.
- .Hess, K. M., "Point-Source Ground-Water Contamination Sewage Plume in a
Sand-and-Gravel Aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts," U. S. Geological Survey, National
Water Summary, 1986 - Hydrologic Events and Groundwater Quality, Water Supply Paper 2325,
pp. 87-92, 1986.
- .Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Fuel Spill (FS-29) Plume Technical Decision Memorandum,
Massachusetts Military Reservation, Volume I (Draft Report), Prepared for: AFCEE/MMR,
Installation Restoration Program, DSN: 557-4670, COMM: 508-968-4670, February 1997.
- ._____, Fuel Spill (FS-29) Plume Technical Decision Memorandum, Massachusetts Military
Reservation, Volume II (Draft Report), Prepared for: AFCEE/MMR, Installation Restoration
Program, DSN: 557-4670, COMM: 508-968-4670, Prepared by Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.,
- .Jungclaus, G. and Cohen, S. Z., "Hydrolysis of Ethylene Dibromide," Preprint
of extended abstracts of the Environmental Chemistry Division, American Chemical Society,
191st National Meeting, p. 12-16, 1986.
- .Jury, W. A., Russo, D., Streile, G. and El Abd, H., "Evaluation of Volatilization
by Organic Chemicals Residing Below the Soil Surface," Water Resources Research, pp.
- .Katz, B. G., "Biogeochemical and Hydrological Processes Controlling the transport
and Fate of 1,2-Dibromoethane (EDB) in Soil and Groundwater, Central Florida," U.S.
Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 2402, 35 p., 1993.
- .LeBlanc, D. R., "Sewage Plume in a Sand and Gravel Aquifer, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts," USGS Water Supply Paper 2218, 28 p., 1984.
- .LeBlanc, D. R., Editor "Movement and Fate of Solutes in a Plume of
Sewage-Contaminated ground Water, Cape Cod, Massachusetts: U.S. Geological Survey Toxic
Waste Ground Water Contamination Program," Papers presented at the Toxic Waste
Technical Meeting, Tucson, Arizona, March 20-22, 1984, USGS Open-File Report 84-475, 173
- .Masterson , J. P., and Barlow, P. M., "Effects of Simulated Groundwater Pumping
and Recharge on Groundwater Flow in Cape Cod, Marthas Vineyard, and Nantucket Island
Basins, Massachusetts," USGS Open-File Report 94-316, 78 p., 1994.
- .Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MADEP), "Massachusetts
Drinking Water Standards and Guidelines," Office of Research and Standards, Boston,
- .Masterson , J. P., Walter, D. A. and Savoie, J, "Use of Particle Tracking to
Improve Numerical Model Calibration and to Analyze Groundwater Flow and Contaminant
Migration," Massachusetts Military Reservation, Western Cape Cod, Massachusetts, U.
S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 96-214, 1996.
- .Montgomery, J. H., "Groundwater Chemicals Desk Reference," Second Edition
Lewis Publishers, 1996.
- .Moye, H. A., Weintraub, R. A. and Jex, G. W., "Modes of Ethylene Dibromide
Degradation," Final report to Florida Department of Environmental Regulation,
Gainesville, Florida, University of Florida Pesticide Research Laboratory, 78 p., 1987.
- .Neely, W. B., "Chemicals in the Environment," Mercel Dekker Inc., 244p.,
- .Oldale, R.N., Notes on the generalized Geologic Map of Cape Cod: U.S. Geological Survey
Open-File Report 76-765, 23 p. [includes 1:125,000-scale map], 1976.
- .Oldale, R.N., and Barlow, R.A., Geologic map of Cape Cod and the islands,
Massachusetts: U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigations Series, Map I-1763, 1
- .Pinder, G.F., and Gray, W.G., "Finite element simulation in surface and subsurface
hydrology," Academic Press, New York, 295 p., 1977.
- .Rubinstein, R. Y., "Simulation and Monte Carlo Method," John Wiley &
Sons, 278 p., 1981.
- .Pignatello, J. J. and Cohen, S. Z., "The Environmental Chemistry of Ethylene
Dibromide in Soil and Groundwater," Reviews in Environmental Contaminant Toxicology,
V. 112, p. 1-47, 1989.
- .Runkel, R. L., "Solution of the Advection-Dispersion Equation: Continuous Load of
Finite Duration," Journal of Environmental Engineering, Vol. 122, No. 9, pp. 830-832,
- .Salhotra, A. M., Mineart, P., Sharp-Hansen, S., Allison, T., Johns, R. and Mills, W.
B., "Multimedia Exposure Assessment Model for Evaluating the Land Disposal of Wastes
Model Theory," USEPA No. 68-03-6304, 1995.
- .Savoie, Jennifer, "Altitude and configuration of the water table, western Cape
Code aquifer, Massachusetts, March 1993," U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report
94-462, 1 sheet, 1995.
- .Sawhney, B. L., "Movement of Organic Chemicals Through Landfills and Hazardous
Waste Disposal Sites," in Sawhney, B. L. and Brown, K. Eds., Reactions and Movement
of Organic Chemicals in Soils, Soil Science Society of America Special Publication 22, p.
- .Spitz, K. and Moreno, J., "A Practical Guide to Groundwater and Solute Transport
Modeling," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 461p., 1996.
- .Steinberg, S. M., Pignatello, J. J., and Shawhney, B. L., "Persistence of
1,2-Dibromoethane in Soils: Entrapment in Intra Particle Micropores," Environmental
Science and Technology, V. 21, No. 12, p. 1201-1208, 1987.
- .Tang, Y., and Aral, M.M., "Contaminant transport in layered aquifer media
(CLAM)," Georgia Institute of Technology Report No. CE512, 1992.
- .TIGER/Line Files, 1992 [machine-readable data files] /prepared by the Bureau of
the Census. - Washington, DC: The Bureau [producer and distributor], 1993.
- .Thurman, E. M., Barber Jr., L. B. and LeBlanc D., "Movement and Fate of Detergents
in Groundwater: A Field Study," Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, Vol. 1, pp.
- .Till, J. E. and Meyer, H. R., Eds., "Radiological Assessment, A Text Book on
Environmental Dose Analysis," Division of Systems Integration, Office of Nuclear
Regulatory Commission, NUREG/CR-3332, ORNL-5968, 1983.
- .U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), "Health Advisories for 16
Pesticides," U.S. National Technical Information Service Report, PB87-200176, 262 p.,
- .U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), "Evaluation and Selection of Models
for Estimating Air Emissions from Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage and Disposal
Facilities," EPA-450/3-84-020, Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, Research
Triangle Park, NC 27711., 1984.
- .U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), "Superfund Exposure Assessment
Manual," EPA/640/1-88/001, 1988.
- .U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), "Drinking Water Regulations and
Health Advisories," Office of Water, Washington, D.C., December, 1992.
- .U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), National Water Summary 1985Hydrologic events and
surface-water resources: U.S. Geological Survey Water Supply Paper 2300, 506 p., 1986.
- .Verschueren, K., "Handbook of Environmental Data on Organic Chemicals (2nd
Ed.)," New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 287 p., 1983.
- .Vogel, T. M. and Reinhard, M., "Reaction Products and Rates of Disappearance of
Simple Bromoalkanes, 1,2-Dibromo-propane and 1,2-dibromoethane in Water,"
Environmental science technology, V. 20, No. 10, p. 992-997, 1986.
- .Wang, H.F., and Anderson, M.P., "Introduction to groundwater modeling," W.H.
Freeman and Company, San Francisco, 237 p.
- .Weaver, M. F., Cohen, S. Z. and Pignatello, J. J., "Environmental Chemistry or
Ethylene Dibromide," in Agricultural Impacts on Groundwater, Dublin Ohio, National
Water well Association, p. 169-190, 1988.
- .Weintraub, R. A., Jex, G. W. and Moye, H. A., "Chemical and Microbial Degradation
of 1,2-Dibromoethane (EDB) in Florida Groundwater, Soil and sludge," in Garner, W.
Y., Honeycutt, R. C. and Nigg, H. N. Eds., "Evaluation of Pesticides in
Groundwater," American Chemical Society Symposium Series, 315 p., pp. 294-310, 1986.
- .Wexler, E. J., "Analytical Solutions for One-, Two-, and Three-Dimensional Solute
Transport in Groundwater System with Uniform Flow," U.S. Geological Survey Open File
Report 89-56, 1989.
- .Wilson, B. H., Smith, G. B. and Rees, J. F., "Biotransformation of Selected
Alkylbenzenes and Haloganated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons in Methanogenic Aquifer Material, A
Microcosm study," Environmental science and technology, V. 20, No. 10, p.997-1002,
Back to Hatchville, Massachusetts page
Back to MESL Homepage